Its interesting how much people differ. Today we've seen both ends of the spectrum. Our first interviewee was very relaxed and concerned about us. She went as far as showing us the tea room and telling us that we can have coffee if while we wait. Our next candidate was an enigma. While continuously winking he told us that he does not have time to do the interview or to email the questionnaire until August. It was unclear if he was being serious or joking and as there was nothing we could do we are left to assume that the researcher is not willing to cooperate. This was a good lesson in how to handle difficult people, although I would like to know how this situation would be handled in a corporate environment. I can definitely report that this experience is having a positive influence on my people skills and that I am becoming more comfortable approaching people. I am still almost dreading the presentation (my Achilles heal) but in future I feel confident that whether I'm the interviewer or the interviewee, I will be more prepared and relaxed.Thursday, June 17, 2010
"Come back in August"
Its interesting how much people differ. Today we've seen both ends of the spectrum. Our first interviewee was very relaxed and concerned about us. She went as far as showing us the tea room and telling us that we can have coffee if while we wait. Our next candidate was an enigma. While continuously winking he told us that he does not have time to do the interview or to email the questionnaire until August. It was unclear if he was being serious or joking and as there was nothing we could do we are left to assume that the researcher is not willing to cooperate. This was a good lesson in how to handle difficult people, although I would like to know how this situation would be handled in a corporate environment. I can definitely report that this experience is having a positive influence on my people skills and that I am becoming more comfortable approaching people. I am still almost dreading the presentation (my Achilles heal) but in future I feel confident that whether I'm the interviewer or the interviewee, I will be more prepared and relaxed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like the fact that you already have good insight in the process and your own level of skill. You appear to understand the 'no pain' = 'no gain' equation! Your writing skills are also well above what I normally see on blogs. Keep on going ... this is fun to read.
ReplyDelete